Ok, from what I could determine the latest (and now no longer supported IBM's WSAD) is akin to a 2.1.3 Eclipse build (just for those people still tied to this IDE). To integrate Maven with WSAD, follow these steps:
WSAD (requires a project to have a Maven project file, ie. project.xml)
- Select Window / Preferences
- Select Java -> Classpath Variables
- Select 'New'; type MAVEN_REPO for name; and location of the Maven repository for path (specific to the view of each developer)
- Go to the project's location; checkout the .classpath and .project files type maven eclipse (this will generate the accurate classpaths according to the Maven project.xml descriptor).
- 'Refresh' your project space; you will notice that under Properties -> Java Build Path that all libraries have been updated with the Maven repository (and not hardcoded)